Long-term weight loss isn't impossible, but you do have to be committed. Having a weight loss plan for your success is a good start. Here are ten items that should go into your weight loss plan.
1. Eat breakfast. This keeps you from getting too hungry later and then losing control over what you choose to eat later in the day.
2. Stock your refrigerator and pantry with healthy foods and snacks and limit high-fat, high-salt snacks such as potato chips and cookies.
3. Fill up on Fiber. Eat foods like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. The fibers in these foods will fill you up leaving less room for unhealthy choices.
4. Don't fall into bad habits on weekends. Many people will follow a strict diet all week only to fall back into eating more (unhealthy) on the weekends as a reward for "being good" all week. Unfortunately, this can cause you to regain the weight you may have lost during the week.
5. Watch portion sizes. Your perception of what a serving size should be and a "true" serving size can differ dramatically. Measure your portions accurately, especially when you first start your healthy eating regime.
6. Set lifestyle goals - not weight loss goals. Commitment to eating healthy foods does lead to healthy weight loss -- gradually. Looking at your weight daily can cause discouragement and will make many people give up and go back to unhealthy food choices.
7. Take healthy snacks with you when you take road trips. Grab healthy granola bars, bananas, apples and other fruit to prevent the temptation of stopping for a candy bar or milk shake.
8. Don't deny yourself the foods you love. If you absolutely love chocolate, go ahead and have a small piece - half of a candy bar instead of a whole one! And avoid eating your "splurges" every day. Save them for when you really need them!
9. Start moving. Exercise is the key to long term weight loss. You've heard the saying, "Move it or lose it." Too true!
10. Keep a journal. Writing down what you eat, when and how much you exercise and your moods will keep you on track and motivated to continue the course.
Weight loss is achieved by both diet and exercise. It is also achieved by persistence. If you "fall off the wagon" one day, pick yourself up and continue your healthy lifestyle the next. Don't give up!
Looking for something that can help in your transformation? Try The AdvoCare ONE/80™ , which focuses on your transformation from the inside out.* This comprehensive program shows you how you can turn your life around by giving you the tools and support you need to build a sustainable, healthy lifestyle.*
You may also like: "I Was That Person....This Is My AdvoCare Story"
To start your transformation , go to our secure site by clicking HERE NOW.
*You should always reach out to your doctor before making lifestyle changes like incorporating dietary supplements, adding exercise routines, or changing your diet.